Promotion of Programs
Through the sharing of our resources, our institutions agree to promote the following programs and initiatives:
- Faculty Development: We will work together to retain faculty in critical
academic areas and develop vital courses through faculty development
conferences and symposiums. We will also create opportunities for junior
faculty members that do not have a PhD to pursue doctoral studies, conduct
research and foster mentoring networks with senior faculty.
- Leadership Development: This consortium will pursue opportunities and
programs that will foster the development of leadership in all facets of the
university and the cultivation of future leaders.
- Faculty and Student Exchanges: We will provide opportunities for student
and faculty exchanges at member institutions.
- Research Collaboration: We will explore undergraduate research
opportunities and bring researchers together to focus on particular areas
such as health and nutrition, health disparities, economic development,
international affairs and education. Collaborations also could include, but
are not limited to, research advancements in the areas of cancer and
- Initiative for African American Males: We will explore ways to address
pipeline issues for African American males to pursue a college education
through the establishment of partnerships with K-12. This consortium also
will focus on middle school projects that support access to a higher
education for African American students.
- New Teaching Strategies: We will explore the use of technology,
specifically new technologies, to develop new teaching strategies and on-line
- Public Awareness of Major Initiatives: We will use the collective voice of
the consortium to raise awareness of issues affecting higher education.
- Infrastructure: We will collaborate on ways to improve our infrastructures
(i.e., business services, information technology and facilities). We will share
information on the best practices in these and other infrastructure areas.